Friday, December 13, 2013

Introducing our New Intern - Valerie Thompson - Christmas 2013

Hi, I’m Valerie. I am a college senior attending Southern Methodist University in Dallas, TX and when I graduate in May I will have a degree in Journalism with minors in both Studio Art and French. While I was born in Dallas to two American parents, I grew up in Adelaide, South Australia – where my father moved for work, and where I spent most of my life until I went away to college. During high school, I was fortunate enough to spend time in several different countries, including India, France and Canada on cultural and linguistic student exchange programs as well as participating in a weeklong service project at an Aboriginal community in northern South Australia. My keen interest in travel and other cultures has continued throughout college, and I spent this past summer studying abroad, taking photography and culture classes in Bali, Indonesia. Having had a passion for photography and further developing this during my college years, I hope to continue practicing and honing my skills after graduation.

No comments: