Tuesday, March 07, 2017

New Spring 2017 Intern: Mary Moss


Hi everyone! My name is Mary Moss and I am very pleased to introduce myself as the new intern at Shango Galleries. I am currently a senior at the University of Dallas and will be receiving my degree in Human Sciences this coming May. While many of my classes have been in sociology and anthropology, my program has given me the liberty to pursue my interest in art history through my electives. My Dad is originally from Quito, Ecuador, which has given me a special appreciation for tribal and indigenous artwork, particularly from Ecuador and Paraguay. So as you can imagine, the opportunity presented by John and company here at Shango Galleries is an absolute thrill for me. Throughout my time here at Shango Galleries, I hope to learn a great deal about the stories behind each piece within their own historical context (as many as I possibly can) and gain experience in the day-to-day operations of an art gallery. As I get ready to embark into post-grad life, I am so grateful to have found an opportunity to continue learning in a field that is of interest to me.

No comments: